- 1/4 pound pancetta, diced
- 1 (8-ounce) box store bought biscuit mix
- Buttermilk (in place of the liquid in the boxed biscuit mix recipe)
- 1/4 cup shredded Fontina
- Cinnamon-sugar butter:
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 stick butter, at room temperature
To make the biscuits: In a saute pan, heat the pancetta over medium-high heat and cook until crisp, about 5 minutes.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spoon the biscuit mixture onto the baking sheet and bake according to box instructions. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
To make the Cinnamon-sugar Butter: Cut open the vanilla bean lengthwise. Using the back of a knife, scrape along the inside of the vanilla bean to collect the seeds. Scrape vanilla bean seeds into a small bowl. Add sugar and cinnamon and stir to combine. Stir in the butter until well blended. Transfer to a serving bowl.
Serve the biscuits on a platter with the Cinnamon-sugar Butter alongside.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis