Penne a la Carbonara
- 1 pound pancetta, diced into 1-inch cubes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 pound dried penne
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Heat a large saute pan, until hot. Add pancetta and saute until golden brown and crispy, about 5 minutes. Season with black pepper and remove pan from heat.
In a large pot, boil 6 quarts of salted boiling water. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta in a colander. Do not rinse with water; you want to retain the pasta's natural starches so that the sauce will stick. While the pasta is still hot, return it back to the pot. Add the browned pancetta and mix well. Add the cream mixture and coat the pasta completely. It's important to work quickly while the pasta is still warm so that the cream mixture will cook, but not curdle. Add remaining Parmesan and chopped parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis