Pomegranate and Mint Sorbet
- 1 cup Mint Simple Syrup, recipe follows
- 2 cups 100 percent pomegranate juice (recommended: Pom Wonderful)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 packed cup packed fresh mint leaves
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Special equipment: an ice cream maker
In a glass pitcher, combine the Mint Simple Syrup, pomegranate juice, and orange juice. Pour the pomegranate mixture in an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. During the last 10 minutes of freezing time, add the mini chocolate chips.
Scoop the sorbet into dessert bowls and garnish with fresh mint sprigs.
Mint Simple Syrup
In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water, and mint leaves over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the syrup to cool for 20 minutes. Strain before using.
Yield: 1 cup
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis