Quinoa with Black Beans and Hominy
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from about 2 large limes)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Two 15-ounce cans hominy, rinsed and drained
- One 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves separated
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
For the quinoa: In a 2-quart saucepan, bring the quinoa, chicken broth, salt and lemon zest to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat, cover the pot and simmer until the liquid has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender, about 20 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
For the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the grapeseed oil, agave, lime
juice, vinegar, cumin, salt and pepper until smooth.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis