Red Potato and Tomato Salad
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, halved
- 1 pint (2 cups) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pitted black olives, halved
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large lemon, zested
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Add the potatoes to a medium saucepan with enough cold water to cover by at least 2 inches. Set the saucepan over medium heat. Bring the water to a boil and continue boiling until the potatoes are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain the potatoes in a colander and allow them to dry for 5 minutes.
In a serving bowl, add the potatoes, tomatoes, scallions, olives, parsley, capers, thyme, olive oil, and lemon zest. Toss gently until all the ingredients are coated and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Refrigerate for 1 hour and gently toss again before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay