Ricotta and Cinnamon Meatballs
- 1 large or 2 small shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pound 80-percent lean ground chuck
- 1/2 cup whole-milk ricotta
- 1/4 cup orzo pasta
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- One 23.5-ounce jar store-bought marinara
In a medium bowl, whisk together the shallots, garlic, egg, cinnamon and nutmeg. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the ground chuck, ricotta, orzo and basil. Add 1/4 cup water, salt and pepper and mix well. Form the mixture into balls (1 heaping tablespoonful for each).
In a shallow 12-inch skillet, bring the marinara to a simmer. Drop the meatballs in, cover the pot and allow them to simmer for 15 minutes. Serve on small toothpicks or skewers.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Spiced Meatballs (with Marmalade Glaze), Venison Curry Meatballs in Sun-Dried Tomato Phyllo Cups, Fresh Buffalo Milk Ricotta with Orange Marmalade , Honey and Toasted Pine Nuts, Antipasti Recipes, Artichoke Appetizer Recipes, Italian Meatball Recipes, Chicken Wing Recipes, Asian Appetizer Recipes, Hamburger Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.