Ricotta and Cinnamon Meatballs
- 1 large or 2 small shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pound 80-percent lean ground chuck
- 1/2 cup whole-milk ricotta
- 1/4 cup orzo pasta
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- One 23.5-ounce jar store-bought marinara
In a medium bowl, whisk together the shallots, garlic, egg, cinnamon and nutmeg. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the ground chuck, ricotta, orzo and basil. Add 1/4 cup water, salt and pepper and mix well. Form the mixture into balls (1 heaping tablespoonful for each).
In a shallow 12-inch skillet, bring the marinara to a simmer. Drop the meatballs in, cover the pot and allow them to simmer for 15 minutes. Serve on small toothpicks or skewers.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Veal and Ricotta Meatballs: Polpettine di Ricotta e Vitello, Cinnamon-Garlic Meatballs (with Tomato Sauce and Feta), Italian Cocktail Meatballs with Herbs and Ricotta, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Cheese Ball Recipes, Salmon Mousse Recipes, Deviled Egg Recipes, Asian Appetizer Recipes, Simmer
Thank you! your flag was submitted.