Rolled Turkey and Apple Quesadillas
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1/3 cup whipped cream cheese, at room temperature (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 4 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1/2 small red apple, such as Red Delicious, cored and sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 cup shredded smoked mozzarella (4 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded mild Cheddar (4 ounces)
- 8 thin slices smoked Black Forest deli turkey meat (5 ounces)
In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese and honey until smooth. Spread evenly over 1 side of each tortilla, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge. Place 2 or 3 apple slices in a single row about 1 inch from the nearest edge of each tortilla. In a small bowl, combine the 2 cheeses. Sprinkle half the cheese mixture on top. Place 2 slices turkey side-by-side on top of the cheese. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Tightly roll up each tortilla like a jelly roll.
Place the tortilla rolls, seam-side down, on the grill. Cook, turning every 2 minutes, until the tortillas are brown on all sides and the cheese starts to melt. Cool for 10 minutes.
Using a sharp serrated knife, slice each tortilla roll into 1-inch pieces.
Arrange on a platter and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay