Salami, Bacon and Spinach Hash
- 8 ounces apple-smoked bacon (5 to 6 slices), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium russet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 5 ounces dry salami, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Zest of 1/2 medium orange
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Cook the bacon over medium-high heat in a 12-inch nonstick skillet, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the bacon using a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
Add the potatoes, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to the pan juices. Cook, stirring frequently, until brown and crisp, about 25 minutes. Remove the potatoes using a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
Add the oil, onion, bell pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the spinach, salami, nutmeg, orange zest, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Cook until the spinach is wilted, about 4 minutes. Stir in the bacon and potatoes.
Cook's Note: To cook the eggs faster, cover the pan with a lid.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis