Shaved Carrot and Pear Salad with Curry Vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 pound large carrots, trimmed and peeled (about 8 carrots)
- 2 firm pears (recommended: D'Anjou)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Using a vegetable peeler cut the carrots lengthwise into thin ribbons or slices. Quarter, core, and stem the pears. Using a knife, slice into very thin strips. Place the carrot and pear slices in a large bowl with the chopped parsley.
In a blender combine the white wine, curry powder, honey, salt, and pepper and blend to combine. With the machine running add the olive oil. Pour the dressing over the carrots and pears. Toss to combine and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
Recipe courtesy of Aarti Sequeira
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse