Sicilian Penne with Swordfish and Eggplant
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes (plus more to taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus 1/3 cup
- 4 Japanese eggplants, ends trimmed, thinly sliced lengthwise, then cut into squares
- 1 pound swordfish steaks, skin removed, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 cups halved teardrop or cherry tomatoes (red, yellow or a blend)
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta.
Meanwhile, place a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the 1/3 cup olive oil, garlic, red chili flakes, and 1/4 cup parsley. Stir and cook until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the eggplant and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove the eggplant from the pan and set aside. Season the swordfish cubes with salt and pepper.
Using the same pan, over medium-high heat, add the 2 remaining tablespoons of olive oil and cook the swordfish until opaque, about 5 minutes. Add the white wine and cook until almost evaporated, about 2 minutes. Turn off the heat. Add the tomatoes, eggplant, cooked pasta, the remaining 1/3 cup parsley and stir. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
Shrimp & Chili Cocktail Sauce(00:04:07)
Peach Glazed Chicken Breast(00:02:52)
Lightened-Up Lobster Rolls(00:03:09)
Grilled Steak and Papaya Salad(00:04:37)
Grilled Citrus Chicken Thighs(00:02:47)
Marcela's Light Tacos(00:02:52)
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray