Smoked Salmon and Frisee Carpaccio
- 1/2 apple, such as Granny Smith or honey crisp, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large or 2 small heads frisee lettuce, torn
- 1 large avocado, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted ( see Cook's Note)
- 8 ounces smoked salmon
Place the lettuce, avocado, and walnuts in a large bowl. Add 3/4 of the dressing and toss until all the ingredients are coated. Arrange in a single layer on a platter and top with the smoked salmon. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve.
Cook's Note: To toast the walnuts, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 6 to 8 minutes until lightly toasted. Cool completely before using.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.