Smoked Salmon and Frisee Carpaccio
- 1/2 apple, such as Granny Smith or honey crisp, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large or 2 small heads frisee lettuce, torn
- 1 large avocado, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted ( see Cook's Note)
- 8 ounces smoked salmon
Place the lettuce, avocado, and walnuts in a large bowl. Add 3/4 of the dressing and toss until all the ingredients are coated. Arrange in a single layer on a platter and top with the smoked salmon. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve.
Cook's Note: To toast the walnuts, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 6 to 8 minutes until lightly toasted. Cool completely before using.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Tea --Smoked Salmon with Wasabi Cucumber 'Remoulade' with Toast Points, Smoked Salmon Hash with Sunny Side Up Eggs, Hot Smoked Salmon with an Amazing Chile Salsa, Salad Dressing, Caesar Salad Recipes, Asian Salad Recipes, Cole Slaw Recipes, Cucumber Salad Recipes, Salmon Burger Recipes