- 4 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sweet Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 16 medium strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup whole salted pistachio nuts, shelled, optional
For the zabaglione: In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, wine, sugar, and cayenne pepper. Place the bowl over a pan of gently boiling water and whisk vigorously until thick and foamy, 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside.
For the chocolate sauce: Reduce the pan of water to a simmer. Place the chocolate chips and cream in a small bowl. Place the bowl over the pan of simmering water and stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth, about 5 minutes.