- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus 1/4 cup
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (8-ounce) London broil steaks, trimmed and pounded 1/8-inch thick
- 1 (26-ounce) jar marinara sauce
- Special equipment: 4 (4-inch) skewers
For the filling: In a large bowl, mix together 1/4 cup of Parmesan, mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup olive oil, basil, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cut the steaks in half crosswise and place on a work surface. Spread the mixture evenly over the steaks. Roll up the steaks and secure with skewers.
In a medium skillet, heat the remaining 1/4 cup of oil over medium heat. Roll the steaks in the bread crumb mixture until coated and add to the skillet. Cook the steaks until brown on all sides, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add the marinara sauce to the pan. Bring the sauce to a simmer and scrape up the brown bits that cling to the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Simmer, turning occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes for medium-well.
Remove the skewers, place the steaks on a cutting board and slice thinly. Arrange the steak slices on plates and serve with the marinara sauce.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.