- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds swordfish steaks (at least 1-inch thick), trimmed
- 12 short, thick wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- 12 thin slices pancetta (about 3 ounces), unrolled so that you have a strip
- 6 lemon wedges
Whisk the oil, herbes de Provence, salt, and pepper in a large bowl to blend. Cut the swordfish steaks into 36 (1-inch) cubes and toss in the oil mixture to coat. Thread the swordfish cubes onto wooden skewers, 3 per skewer. Wrap a slice of pancetta around and between the swordfish cubes on each skewer. Arrange the swordfish skewers on a small baking sheet and brush with the remaining oil mixture. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 1 day, turning occasionally in the oil mixture.
Prepare the barbecue for medium-high heat or preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill the swordfish skewers until the swordfish is just opaque in the center and the pancetta is crisp, turning often, about 10 minutes.
Transfer the skewers to plates and serve with lemon wedges.
RECOMMENDED WINE #1: Marco Felluga Pinot Grigio 2003
REGION/ORIGIN: Collio, Friuli
GRAPE/VARIETAL: Pinot Grigio
RECOMMENDED WINE #2: Inama Vin Soave Classico 2003
REGION/ORIGIN: Soave, Veneto
Thank you! your flag was submitted.