Toasted Pound Cake with Citrus Cream
- Pound Cake:
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 (10.75-ounce) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 9 (1-inch) slices
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup honey, for drizzling
- Citrus Cream:
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large oranges, segmented
For the pound cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a baking pan with cooking spray. Arrange the pound cake in a single layer on the prepared pan. Brush with the melted butter and drizzle with honey. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly golden. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
For the citrus cream: In a medium bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat all the ingredients together until stiff peaks form, about 1 minute.
To assemble: Spoon the citrus-cream filling on the cooled pound cake slices. Top with orange segments and serve.
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Recipe courtesy of Melissa d'Arabian