Vegetable Rolls with Chili Mayonnaise
- For the Chili Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Asian chili sauce*
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce*
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded, cored and cut into thin slices
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, seeded, cored and cut into thin slices
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 6 rice paper rounds*
- 6 butter lettuce leaves, ribs removed
- 1 1/2 cups cooked cellophane noodles or bean threads, cooled*
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
For the Vegetable Rolls
*Can be found at specialty Asian markets
Lay a damp kitchen or paper towel on a work surface. Soak a rice paper round in warm water for 20 to 30 seconds until softened. Place the rice paper on the damp towel. Lay a lettuce leaf in the middle of the rice paper and spoon some of the vegetable mixture on top. Place 1/4 cup of the cellophane noodles on top of the vegetable mixture. Roll the rice paper around the filling and seal the ends with a little water. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Store the finished vegetable rolls in the refrigerator for up to 6 hours wrapped in damp paper towels.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis, 2008