Vegetables with Olivada
- 1 can medium, pitted, black olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 small clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 2 by 1/2-inch sticks
- 1/2 hothouse cucumber, cut into 2 by 1/2-inch sticks
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed, halved and sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- For the Olivada:
Place all ingredients, except the salt and pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Blend until the mixture is chunky, scraping down the inside of the bowl, if necessary. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Transfer the olivada to a small dipping bowl and place on a serving platter. Arrange the carrots, cucumber, fennel, and cherry tomatoes around the olivada. Serve.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis, 2008