Veggies in Yellow Curry
- 2 (13.5-ounce) cans coconut milk*
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) yellow curry paste (recommended: Mae Ploy*)
- 1 small (about 8 ounces) russet potato, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can baby corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 Thai chile, such as prik kee noo, or 1 serrano chile, stemmed and thinly sliced*
- 5 sprigs Thai basil, with stems, plus 1/4 cup chopped *
- 3 kaffir lime leaves*
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce*
- *Can be found at specialty Asian markets
- Serving suggestion: steamed white rice
In a large saucepan, bring the coconut milk and curry paste to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the potato, carrots, onion, bell pepper, corn, chile, basil sprigs, lime leaves, and fish sauce. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and continue to simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Discard the lime leaves and the basil sprigs. Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with chopped basil and serve over steamed white rice.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.