Zucchini and Olive Flatbread
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil plus extra, for drizzling
- 1 large (8 ounce) zucchini, trimmed and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves, divided
- 1 1/2 cups (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup (2 1/2 ounces) grated Pecorino Romano
- 1/2 cup pitted sliced black olives
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Place an oven rack in the lower third of the oven. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough into a 12-inch circle. With a pastry brush, brush 1 tablespoon of the oil over the dough. Using the tines of a fork, prick the dough all over. Arrange the zucchini slices in a single layer on top of the dough. Drizzle the zucchini with oil. Bake the dough for 18 to 20 minutes until the edges begin to brown. Remove the bread from the oven, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of oregano, the cheeses, and the olives. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes until the cheeses are melted and bubbly.
Sprinkle the flatbread with the remaining oregano, cut into wedges and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis
Recipe courtesy of Alex Guarnaschelli