- 16 ounces ricotta (strained overnight)
- 1 egg
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 teaspoons chopped chives
- 1 3/4 cups butternut, peeled and diced
- 3 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon honey
- 3 1/2 tablespoons julienned carrots
- 3 1/2 tablespoons julienned Daikon
- 3 1/2 tablespoons julienned snow peas
- Vinaigrette of choice
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinned rockfish
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup oil
- 6 1/2 ounces fish stock
- 7 tablespoons butter
- Lemon juice
- 3/4 cup chanterelles
For the gnocchi:
Mix ricotta and egg together. Sift flour and salt, and then fold into the ricotta mixture. Add chives. Rest the dough for couple of hours and shape them as required. Cook them in salted water until they float.
For the butternut puree:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Roast the diced butternut squash slightly in a pan, cover with aluminum foil and leave it in the oven for 7 to 8 minutes. When soft, strain excess water, add cinnamon honey and blend into a puree, pass it through the fine strainer and season with salt
Mix together with vinaigrette and top up the plated fish.
For the Fish:
Season rock fish with salt and pepper. Put oil in a preheated pan; sear the side of the fish that will be presented first. When golden brown in color turn to the other side and add stock, butter and braise until the fish is cooked, sprinkle with lemon juice and baste the fish with the emulsion. In another pan sear cooked gnocchi on both sides. Add cleaned chanterelles, season and coat with the foaming butter.
Serve with butternut squash and salad.