- About 8 ounces (225 grams) strong black olives, stoned and roughly chopped
- 1 fresh red chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- About 1/2 cup (120 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
Place the olives in a bowl, add the chile and garlic, cover with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper, if necessary.
This sauce may also be made in a food processor. Briefly pulse-chop the olives, then add the chile and garlic, and again briefly pulse-chop. Avoid over-processing and ending up with a paste.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.