Ginger Chocolate Crackle Cookies
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup dark-brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Combine the chocolate and butter in a small microwave-safe dish and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each, until smooth, about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. Whisk the almond flour, all-purpose flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl. Beat the eggs and brown sugar in another large bowl with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add the chocolate mixture and beat until combined. Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until incorporated. Refrigerate the mixture until firm, at least 1 hour.
3. Place the granulated sugar in a shallow bowl and the powdered sugar in another shallow bowl. Form the dough into balls ¾-inch in diameter and roll them first in the granulated sugar and then in the powdered sugar, until generously coated like a powdered doughnut. Place on 2 non-stick baking sheets about 2 inches apart and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Let the cookies cool for a couple of minutes on the baking sheets before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Copyright 2013 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Chocolate Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Cookies, The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Ever, Chocolate Drop Cookies with Caramelized White Chocolate Filling, Rum Cake Recipes, Chocolate Fudge Recipes, Tiramisu Recipes, Pecan Pie Recipes, Sponge Cake Recipes, German Chocolate Cake Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.