Ginger Shrimp with Papaya Pico de Gallo
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup diced papaya
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 serrano peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 limes, juiced
For the shrimp: toss the shrimp with the olive oil, ginger, and a pinch of salt. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes or longer in the refrigerator.
To serve: Heat the grill and grill the shrimp until cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Simply plate the grilled shrimp with a nice heaping teaspoon of the Pico de Gallo. The tomatoes and the papaya go smashingly well with the heat of the chili and the twang of the ginger. Once again...good stuff.
Recipe courtesy of Hans Rueffert