- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 4 1/2 cups unbleached allpurpose flour
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 cup candied ginger, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add molasses and eggs and mix well. Combine flour, ground ginger, baking soda and salt, and add to butter mixture. Blend in fresh and candied ginger. Drop by teaspoonful onto parchment covered baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake about 10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Cool.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.