- 1 pound (454 g) carrots, chopped
- 2 medium onions, peeled, sliced
- 1½ teaspoons Ginger Paste or a 1-inch-(2.5 cm) cube of fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) reduced fat butter spread
- 4 cups (960 ml) vegetable or chicken broth
- 3 oranges, peeled, halved
- ¼ inch (0.6 cm) piece orange peel
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Sauté carrots, onions and ginger in butter spread until soft.
2. Add 2 cups (480 ml) of broth. Simmer until tender.
3. Place oranges, orange peel, and cooked vegetable mixture into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
4. Select Variable 1.
5. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
6. Blend for 30-45 seconds until smooth. Adjust consistency with remaining 2 cups (480 ml) of broth.
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Dietary Interest: vegetarian, low cholesterol, low fat, no added sugar