Goat Cheese, Avocado and Smoked Turkey Sandwich on Sourdough Bread
- Total Time:
- 15 min
- 15 min
- 6 servings
- 1 12 ounce tomato, finely minced (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon finely minced scallion
- 2 heaping tablespoons finely minced cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- 12 slices nut bread, each about 1/3" thick, 3" wide, 6" long (this is easiest to achieve if you cut the bread from a round loaf)
- 12 ounces goat cheese
- 12 thin slices of smoked turkey breast, about 1/2 pound
- 2 medium avocados, peeled, pitted, and cut into thin slices
Mix together the tomato, the scallion and the cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spread each of the 12 sourdough slices with one ounce of goat cheese. Top six of the slices with a slice of smoked turkey. Top each turkey slice with 1/6 of the tomato mixture, spread evenly. Top that with a thin layer of avocado slices, seasoned with salt and pepper. Top with the remaining slices of turkey and cover with the remaining 6 slices of bread (which have been spread with goat cheese). Cut each sandwich in half and serve immediately.
As a buffet item: You could cut these sandwiches in quarters, place them on lettuce-lined platters, and serve small bites to 24 people.
Recipe courtesy David Rosengarten