Goat Cheese Pear Salad
- 2/3 cup fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 12 cups mesclun loosely packed
- 1 Bosc pear quartered lengthwise, remove core, slice to 1/8-inch thick
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup diced pancetta, about 1/4-inch squares
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato concasse
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon plus 4 teaspoons zin vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 4 teaspoons toasted pine nuts
Place the goat cheese, mesclun and pear in a large mixing bowl. Heat the oil and pancetta in a medium saute pan on high heat until the pancetta just starts to brown. Remove from heat. Add the garlic and quickly shake the pan until the garlic starts to brown. Add the tomato and parsley and combine well. Add the zin vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Return to high heat and boil. Pour the vinaigrette over the mesclun mixture and toss well. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.