Gold Miner's Chili
- 1 1/2 cups finely minced white onion
- 8 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 (15 1/2-ounce) cans chicken broth, with fat removed
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 10 1/2 tablespoons chili powder or 5 tablespoons California chile powder (mild)
- 4 1/2 tablespoons New Mexico chile powder (medium)
- 1 tablespoon New Mexico chile powder (hot)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 pounds beef, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon meat tenderizer
- 1/2 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
In a large pot simmer onion and minced garlic in 2 cups of chicken broth for 10 minutes. Add tomato sauce and all dry spices, except the tenderizer and sugar. Mix well. Brown the meat in oil using a separate pan and drain well. Sprinkle the meat with the tenderizer. Add the meat to the onion/spice mixture. Add remaining broth and simmer for 2 1/2 hours.
Mix in brown sugar and hot sauce just before serving.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.