- 1 (14-ounce) can nonfat chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 box (10 ounces) plain couscous
- 1 jar (4 ounces) chopped pimentos, drained
- 1 box (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Bring chicken broth, lemon rind, lemon juice and salt to boiling in medium-size saucepan. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes for couscous to absorb liquid. Fluff with fork.
Combine couscous, pimento, peas and almonds in large serving bowl.