- 8 ounces medium-size shaped pasta, such as pipette or cavatappi
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 3 medium-size cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with jalapeno chiles
- 1 large sweet green pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium-size ribs celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, peeled, quartered lengthwise and sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick pieces (about 1 1/4 cups)
- Chopped fresh parsley leaves, optional
Cook pasta in large, deep pot of lightly salted water until al dente, firm yet tender, following package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water; drain.
Garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes to chill.