- 1/3 cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Few drops hot pepper sauce
- 4 salmon steaks (1 1/2 pounds total), each 3/4-inch thick
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
Combine lime juice, oil, salt, celery seeds, black pepper and hot-pepper sauce in a small bowl. Place salmon in a shallow dish. Pour 1/4 cup lime juice mixture over fish; turn to coat. Refrigerate 10 minutes, turning once. Reserve remaining mixture for sauce.
Prepare a charcoal grill with hot coals, or heat a gas grill to high, or heat broiler. Position the grill rack 6 inches from coals or broiler pan 3 inches from heat.
Stir green onion, lemon juice, water and honey into reserved lime juice mixture.
Grease grill rack or rack of a shallow roasting pan. Place salmon on rack. Drizzle with half of lime juice mixture from marinade dish. Grill over hot coals on covered grill 2 minutes per side or until cooked through, or broil 4 minutes per side. Serve salmon with green onion sauce.