- 2 ounces corn oil
- 6 jumbo sea scallops, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1-ounce whole butter
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped plus 2 tablespoons chopped garlic for pesto
- 1/2 green pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 red pepper, finely diced
- 10 fresh green beans, thinly sliced
- 1 can clear chicken broth
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 small bunch flat leaf parsley, leaves chopped, plus a few sprigs reserved for garnish
- 3 ounces olive oil
- 4 to 5 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
Using a non stick pan, add the 2 ounces of corn oil and heat until very hot. Add the seasoned scallops to the pan and allow to cook until golden brown. Add the butter to the pan halfway through cooking to achieve a nutty flavor on the scallops. In a saucepan saute the shallots, 2 teaspoons garlic until translucent. Next, add the diced peppers and the sliced green beans and cook for 3 to 5 minutes over medium high heat. Next, add the chicken stock and the lemon zest. Allow to cook for 15 minutes at a simmer.
Using a blender, add the parsley and the oil. Blend this until smooth. Add the Parmesan cheese and 2 tablespoons garlic and season with salt and pepper.
In a soup bowl add about 5 to 6 tablespoons of minced vegetables and 3 to 4 ounces of the garlic broth. Place 3 jumbo scallops in the center of each bowl and put 2 tablespoons of pesto in the center. Serve hot and garnish the dish with a few parsley sprigs.