- 1 (2 pound) pineapple, halved
- 3/8 cup plus 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup Kirsch
- 3 drops green food coloring
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1/4-ounce packet of gelatin
- 1 banana, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 1/8 cup flaked almonds
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup coconut flakes
Once cooled, beat in whipped cream. Chill again.
Once mousse is set, preheat broiler and place rack 3 inches from heat. Beat egg white, gradually adding sugar until stiff. Place in piping bag and pipe decorative swirls on top of the mousse, covering it completely. Broil for 3 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with coconut. Broil again for another minute to toast.