A Danish specialty
- 6 small cucumbers
- 12 anchovy fillets
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 3/4 cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream, plus more for garnish
- Freshly ground salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 teaspoons caviar, to garnish
- Lemon wedges, to garnish
- Parsley, to garnish
Scrape skin of cucumbers lengthwise with fork to make long grooves. Cut in 2-inch sections and cut out seeds, forming rings.
Garnish each cucumber with a teaspoon of sour cream, then a teaspoon of caviar. Serve with lemon and parsley.