- 1/2 cup clarified butter
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 6 spring onions, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup mushrooms, finely sliced
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 12 lamb's kidneys, skin removed, cut in half, core removed, meat quartered
- 3/8 cup whisky
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot
- 1 cup rice, washed well and cooked
- Parsley, roughly chopped, to garnish
Place clarified butter in pan on medium heat and add green pepper and spring onions. Fry gently for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Place kidneys on top of vegetables and add 1/3 of whisky. Stir all together and continue to cook 2 more minutes. Scrape mixture to side of pan and add another 1/3 of whisky. Flame and then add chicken stock. Cover pan and simmer 2 minutes.
Mix arrowroot with a little water and stir into kidney mixture to thicken. Remove from heat.
Place cooked rice on heated platter. Make well in center and fill with kidneys. Stir in remaining whisky and garnish rice with parsley