- 1 pound wall eyed pike fillets
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled, boiled
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 6 asparagus spears, cooked, well pureed
- Salt, to taste
- White pepper, to taste
- 1 pound spinach, washed well, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Parsley, to garnish, roughly chopped
- Paprika, to garnish
Marinate fish in wine and milk for 30 minutes.
Preheat broiler. Cook spinach in large saucepan with remaining butter. Season with salt and pepper. Cover pan and cook on low heat for 5 minutes, stirring once. Drain spinach and place 1/2 in an ovenproof dish.
Heat frying pan and add pike with marinade. Season with salt and white pepper, bring to a boil, cover and poach for 8 minutes. Drain fish and place on bed of spinach. Drizzle with lemon juice and cover with remaining spinach, then 1/2 of potato. Pipe remaining potato decoratively around edge of dish and broil for 6 minutes. Dust with parsley and paprika and serve.