Grand Marnier Souffle
- Pastry Cream:
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons whole milk
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 1/2 ounces/70 g superfine sugar
- 2 1/3 ounces/65 g all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 ounce/20 g unsalted butter
- 6 1/8 ounces/175 g superfine sugar, plus more for coating
- 12 1/3 ounces/350g egg whites (from 4 eggs)
- 1/4 cup/5 cl orange liqueur, such as Grand Marnier
- 2/3 ounce/20 g potato starch
- 1/3 ounce/10g confectioners' sugar
Mix the superfine sugar, flour and eggs together. Then pour the boiled milk over the mixture. Return to the heat. Let the pastry cream thicken a few minutes while stirring continuously.
For the souffle: Preheat the oven to 430 degrees F/22 degrees C. Grease the souffle dishes. Then pour a little bit of sugar in and swirl, to coat the dishes.
Beat the egg whites with the superfine sugar until stiff peaks form. At the last moment add the potato starch. Add the liqueur to the pastry cream and slowly add in the egg whites. Fill the souffle dishes and place them immediately in the oven for 13 minutes.
After removing from the oven, immediately sprinkle the souffles with the confectioners' sugar and serve straight away.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy the Louis XV Restaurant