Grandma Nancy's Stuffed Mushrooms
- 6 large button mushrooms
- 1 link hot Italian sausage (meat taken out of casing)
- 3/4 cup seasoned Italian bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzerella
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Wash and pat dry mushrooms. Take off stems and chop into small pieces. Place mushroom caps in baking dish. Place teaspoon of sausage meat in bottom of mushroom. Press meat down into mushroom.
In a small bowl combine mushroom pieces, bread crumbs, Pecorino Romano, Parmigiano Reggiano, garlic powder, pepper, and parsley. Add olive oil until mixture is moist. If too dry add more oil.
Fill each mushroom cap generously with stuffing mixture and place in baking pan. If any stuffing is leftover, divide evenly and top each mushroom. Drizzle olive oil over each one. Pour little water in bottom of pan. Cover with foil.
Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle shredded mozzarella on each mushroom and bake uncovered for another 10 minutes.
Note: A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Rosemarie Pisarra