Grated Vegetable Patties with Pomegranate Sauce
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/2 large turnip, peeled and grated
- 1 large potato, peeled and grated
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 1/2 small onion, grated
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- POMEGRANATE SAUCE
- 3/4 cup fresh Pomegranate juice
- 2 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Cornstarch to thicken
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, to the grated vegetables, add the eggs, flour and seasonings. Combine well. Turn mixture into a greased and floured cake pan and bake about 1 1/2 hours, or until patty is crusty brown. Cut into slices and serve with Pomegranate Sauce.
In a saucepan, cook all ingredients over high heat 3 to 5 minutes. Reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes until sauce reduces, add cornstarch and water to thicken.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.