Greek Pasta Salad
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (packed) fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 to 8 ounces fresh curly spinach, stemmed, washed, leaves torn into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups (measured uncooked) medium shells cooked, chilled and patted dry
- 2 kirby cucumbers, washed, peeled, seeded and cut into half moons
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 6 kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled or cut into dice
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into fine dice
In a blender or food processor puree until smooth, the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, parsley, oregano, mustard, and cinnamon. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Make a wreath of spinach leaves on the outside edges of a large shallow pasta bowl or dinner plate. Combine the pasta with half of the dressing, the cucumbers and the scallions. Center the pasta salad in the middle of the spinach. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the spinach and garnish the spinach with black olives. Garnish the pasta with feta cheese and tomato.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.