Greek Village Salad
- 3 firm tomatoes, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 2 green bell peppers, stems removed, cut into rings
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata, or other black Greek olives
- 6 ounces feta cheese, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place the tomatoes, cucumbers, onion and bell peppers in a bowl. Mix in the olives and feta cheese. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, oregano, and salt and pepper, and pour over the salad to coat.
Variation: Use up stale pita bread by toasting it, breaking into pieces and adding to salad.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.