- 4 cups green apple, quartered and sliced 1/8"
- 4 cups red or black seedless California grapes, slice in half
- 1 quart + 2 cups baby arugula
- Stilton Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- 6 tablespoons pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 6 tablespoons Stilton cheese crumble
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly cracked
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups olive oil (do not use extra virgin)
- 1½ cups Stilton cheese, crumbled
Toss together salad ingredients green apple, grapes, and arugula with Stilton Vinaigrette, adding dressing gradually to achieve desired degree of coating. Pile high on service plate or in large salad bowl. Garnish with chopped pecans and Stilton sprinkled across top of salad.
For the Stilton Vinaigrette: In small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, salt, pepper, Dijon mustard, cayenne, and sugar. Gradually whisk in oil. Mix in Stilton. Place in clean container, label, date and store refrigerated. Makes 3½ cups.