Green Chile Stew
- 3 baking potatoes, like russets, peeled and diced
- 1 large yellow Mexican onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons crushed fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups chopped roasted green chile
- 10 cups water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- Thickener Ingredients:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cups water
- Lettuce and tomatoes, as a garnish
Saute the potatoes, onions, and garlic in the vegetable oil for 5 minutes or until almost soft. Then add the green chile, water, and salt. Boil for 15 minutes.
In a small bowl combine the flour and water and whisk well to make the thickener. Add the thickener and let simmer for 5 minutes. This can be served in a bowl with a tortilla and sour cream. You can add beef, chicken, or pork. This can also be used as a sauce for your favorite Mexican dishes. Or even over a steak or chicken breast. Garnish with lettuce and tomatoes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.