Green Chile Tamales
- 1 recipe Mesa Dough
- 4 Poblano chiles, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 1/3 cup Tomatillo Salsa
- 1 -8 ounce package dried corn husks soaked in hot water at least 2 hours or overnight
- TOMATILLO SALSA (GREEN SALSA)
- 1 pound tomatillos, husked, washed and cut into quarters
- 4 large jalapeno chiles, stemmed, seeded, if desired and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 medium onion, cut in half
- 2 bunches cilantro, stems and leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
Combine the roasted poblanos and tomatillo salsa in a blender of food processor. Puree until smooth. Add the pureed chile mixture to the masa dough and mix well to combine. Reserve at room temperature.
Follow method of filling and steaming as in Turkey Tamale recipe.TOMATILLO SALSA (GREEN SALSA)
In a blender place tomatillos, jalapenos and water. Puree until just chunky. Add remaining ingredients and puree about 2 minutes more, or until no large chunks remain. This salsa keeps in the refrigerator, in a covered container, about 3 days.
Yield: 3 1/2 cups
Thank you! your flag was submitted.