Green Coconut Shrimp and Chicken Curry
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound chicken, dark meat cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking oil (palm oil would be best)
- 1/2 piece golf-ball size ginger, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 onion diced
- 1 small eggplant diced
- 1 green pepper, julienned
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 orange pepper, julienned
- 2/3 can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- Sugar, to taste
- 4 cups steamed jasmine rice
Season the shrimp and chicken with salt and pepper 15 minutes before cooking.
Heat the wok over high heat, add oil, ginger and garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the chicken and cook half way, just until the outside isn't pink anymore. Add the onion and eggplant and cook until the onions begin to turn translucent, about 3 minutes. Add all the peppers and then the shrimp and cook, stirring, until the shrimp just start to curl and the peppers begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Add the coconut milk then green curry paste and sugar, to taste.
Serve over steamed jasmine rice.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Copyright 2003, Daisuke Utagawa, All Rights Reserved