Green Eggs and Ham
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach greens, washed and dried
- 1/4 cup smoked ham, diced
- 1/8 cup scallions, chopped
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 heaping tablespoon Spinach Pesto, recipe follows
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Spinach Pesto:
- 1 1/2 cups packed fresh spinach greens, washed and dried
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 cloves roasted garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, optional
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Heat the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the spinach, ham, and scallions to the skillet, stirring with a wooden spoon to combine. Cook for 2 minutes, and then pour the eggs over the spinach mixture. Allow the eggs to begin to set, and then add pesto, salt, and pepper. Stir together until eggs are cooked evenly. Serve with favorite breakfast accompaniments.Spinach Pesto:
Add the spinach, basil, garlic, and cheese, if using, to a food processor and begin to pulse on low speed. Slowly add the olive oil while the processor is running. Pulse until the ingredients are blended into a smooth sauce, being careful not to overmix. Season, to taste, with salt.
Tip: Pesto can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for 1 day.
Yield: 10 to 12 tablespoons
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Kitsch'n on Roscoe