Green Leaf Salad with Fennel, Apple, and Pecans
- Balsamic vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups tornup green leaf lettuce, washed and spun dry
- 1 cup tornup radicchio, washed and spun dry
- 1/2 large Granny Smith apple, cut into 12 thin slices
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced fennel
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
Combine the vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium size bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Mix the lettuce and radicchio in a salad bowl. Just before serving pour on the dressing and toss.
Divide the salad among 4 salad plates. Place 3 apples slices on one side of each salad, and one quarter of the fennel on the other side. Sprinkle the pecans all over the salads.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.