- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 salmon fillet
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup mixed greens
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 5 small broccoli florets
- Handful of blueberries
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 slice bread, brushed with olive oil and toasted, for servintg
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the salmon with salt and pepper. Add the salmon to the hot skillet and cook for 7 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat.
Combine the mixed greens, tomatoes, dried cherries, pine nuts, broccoli and blueberries together in a bowl. Whisk together the remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar and chives. Season with salt and pepper and pour half over the salad. Place the salmon on top of the salad and pour over the remaining dressing. Serve with toasted bread on the side.
This recipe was created by a contestant during a cooking competition. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use, therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.