Green Tomato Chutney Dog
- 1 1/2 pounds green tomatoes, diced
- 3 green apples, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/3 cup currants
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 6 potato hot dog buns (recommended: Marteen's)
- 6 (1/4 pound) hot dogs (recommended: Hebrew National)
Combine all the ingredients in a large pot over medium-low heat. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes. Puree the chutney with a stick blender, leaving the mixture slightly chunky. Heat a grill of grill pan over medium heat. Grill the hot dogs until cooked through and toast the buns. Serve the hot dogs in the buns, each garnished with the Green Tomato Chutney.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.