Grilled Baby Artichoke, Gigante Beans and Feta Salad
- 2 ounces Gigante beans, cooked
- 8 baby artichoke halves, blanched and grilled
- 1 cup toasted garlic vinaigrette
- 1/2 roasted red pepper, torn into 3 pieces
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 2 ounces French Feta cheese
- 1/4 -ounce Baby arugula
- 1 -ounce toasted garlic and red wine vinaigrette
- 1/4 -ounce basil oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- TOASTED GARLIC VINAIGRETTE
- 8 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons thinly sliced garlic
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh chopped oregano
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt, pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
First, marinate the cooked Gigante beans and artichokes in the vinaigrette for marinade. Do this while they are still warm from cooking so they absorb the marinade as they cool. It is best to prepare these the day before so they fully take on the flavor of the marinade.
Toss the artichoke halves, roasted red pepper, basil leaves, feta cheese and Gigante beans together with 3/4-ounce of the vinaigrette. Season with a pinch of pepper, as the feta is already salty.
Place on a chilled dinner plate, making sure all elements are exposed, in a croissant- shaped mound, leaving the void on the plate at the two 'o clock position.
Dress the arugula with the remaining 1/4-ounce vinaigrette and place in a tight bundle in the void on the plate.
Garnish the edge of the salad with basil oil.
Yield: 1 servingTOASTED GARLIC VINAIGRETTE
Toast sliced garlic in 2 tablespoons canola oil. Whisk together the toasted garlic and all other ingredients except the remaining oils. Slowly whisk the oil into the vinegar mixture to emulsify. Season with salt, pepper, sugar.
Yield: 1 cup
Thank you! your flag was submitted.